Friday, July 16, 2004

"Be Still"- A sweet reminder


“Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth” Psalm 46:10.

As a woman, I consider it a privilege to be a mom. Have you seen the energy the kids have? They can go on and on for the longest time, without realizing they need some kind of rest. Many a parent has told a child: “Please, be still.” It’s the plea of parents all over the world. But mom… why? -is their usual whine. Parents know best! We understand it is beneficial for kids to stop for a while and be calm; not because activity isn’t good, but because we all need some time to relax, to recuperate from the strenuous activities that wear us down.

Our father knows what is best too. He knows how much we need solitude and rest, even when we are not willing to recognize it. In the constant hustle and bustle of our daily lives, our heavenly Father calls for us to be still: He calls us to be still, that we may know him better and understand that he is in control. He calls us to sit at his feet and listen to his words of wisdom and encouragement. He invites us to be still and rest in him, to rely on him and to trust him. He asks us to be still to let the Holy Spirit work in our lives; be still, that we may praise him and exalt his name.

Bring unto him your concerns, worries, your questions without answers, your needs or anything that troubles you. Accept his invitation to be still and trust him. You will see that he, lovingly, cares for you in a very special way. Alone, in the stillness of God’s presence, you will get to know him so well, that your doubts and worries will vanish. In the stillness of his presence you will be safe from the troubles around you. Be still and know that God is with you. The Captain of the heavenly host is on your side. He is your refuge. Praise him in the stillness of his presence and your life will be renewed and strengthened. Give honor and glory to his name and testify that he is Lord! Your life will never be the same, for the Lord is your God. He knows you and you know him.

“Be still and know that I am God…” what a sweet reminder of his loving care for me!

My prayer: Thank you, dear Father, for loving me and reminding me to take time to know you better each day. Thank you for reminding me that you are in control of my life. All my cares I leave in your hands. You are my refuge, my Savior, my God and I praise your name. Amen

©Rhodi Alers de López, 2002


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Be Still"....is well done and makes me want to do just that---be still and listen to His words of comfort and peace.

Thank you, Rhodi for another beautiful piece.

Toni

Rhodi Alers de López said...

Toni: Thanks for your comments. May we learn to be still and know our God's will for our lives! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Rhodi,

What a beautiful reminder of how much God loves us. "Be stil and know...." is a wonderful passage from the Bible!

Thank you, Rhodi for once again reminding us of "who is in control of our lives."

Toni

Anonymous said...

Beutiful Inspirations!! God bless you and keep up the good work! See you sometime! Gladys Gómez