Thursday, July 06, 2006

Touched... forever!



Memories
The days come and go,
and so do people in our lives.
Some stay by our side;
others, only a little while.

But the memories left behind,
their kindness and loving ways,
the warmth and joy they spread
still speak loudly each new day.
©Rhodi Alers de López, 2006

Did you ever know someone, even for a little while, whose memory brings a smile to your face? Teachers, friends, family members and many others... they each have an influence in us, in one way or another. Life is not always perfect, for we live in an imperfect world, disfigured by sin and its consequences. But there are people who touch our lives in ways that impact us forever, in a positive way.

One such person was my dad. Thou his life was shortened by unexpected death, the legacy of love and kindness left behind still stands tall and strong like an evergreen, inspiring my life and making it worthwhile. Truly, his works do follow him. As the apostle John said: “Happy are those who from now on die in the service of the Lord!” “Yes, indeed!” answers the Spirit. “They will enjoy rest from their hard work, because the results of their service go with them”-Revelation 14:13 (Good News Bible).

Father's day in the USA is celebrated in June. But I celebrate my dad each new day. For him, I thank God and my mom.

Dear Lord: Help me live a life that inspires others in their walk with you; that your name may be exalted, even when I rest from my labor. Amen.
©Rhodi Alers de López, 2006-07-06

1 comment:

Annette Kinglock-Murray said...

Memories don't live like people do. They'll always remember you.