Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A perfect Christmas

"This very day in David's town your Savior was born-Christ the Lord!" Luke 2:11

Christmas, the celebration of Jesus' birth is beautiful. Do you have a Christmas dream? Do you wish for Christmas to be extra special? Do you have a wish list? If so, perhaps it includes the gifts that you’d like to receive and those you want to give.

How would you describe the perfect Christmas? Snowy? The brightest star and lots of handmade ornaments on your tree? Lots of family gathered 'round the tree singing christmas carols? Gifts of every size, color and shape? A table full of goodies?

Have you considered Jesus' wish list for this Christmas? He has a dream and you and I can help it become true:


I’m dreaming of Christmas

I’m dreaming of a star lit Christmas.
Will Bethlehem’s Star shine bright
in every person’s heart,
embellishing mankind?

I’m dreaming of a warm Christmas.
Will you extend the blanket of love,
and lend a hand to cover
the countless needy souls?

I’m dreaming of a white Christmas.
Let peace and understanding
wipe glooms of conflict and hatred.
Let hearts be conquered by caring.

I’m dreaming of a joyful Christmas.
Will you leave resentments behind
and to those who have wronged you,
be instead gentle and kind?

I’m dreaming of a special Christmas.
Let your heart be a manger,
let your soul be a throne
for the child God, the Savior.

I’m dreaming of a beautiful Christmas
like it is meant to be:
Hearts united, rejoicing,
living lives that reflect me!

I’m pleading while dreaming of Christmas.
Will you make my dream come true?

Sincerely,
Jesus,
the reason for the season.
Each of us can make a difference this Christmas season and each day. Let your heart be a vessel, a recipient of heavenly peace, so it overflows to others in blessings of joy and understanding. He's counting on you and me to make his dream come true. Are you up to the challenge?
Let's do our part that he too may have a perfect Christmas. It'll make your Christmas perfect too... the happiest ever, I'm sure!
©Rhodi Alers de López, 2005-11-28

1 comment:

Eveline Maedel said...

The perfect "wish" list :) thanks, Rhodi!