Monday, January 02, 2006

A Blessing Renewed

There is a blessing in each new day. It's revitalizing to go out early in the morning and breath in the fresh air of a brand new day. A new day brings the sense of new opportunities, leaving behind the frustrations of the days gone by. No matter how succesful or unsuccesful yesterday was, today I am given a new opportunity in life to reach new goals, to do a better job, to serve others with all my heart and to walk closer to the Lord. Thou I can certainly look back and learn from the past, I can certainly look ahead with optimism and make the most of the blessing of a new day.

The apostle Paul reminds us of this blessing in 2 Corinthians 5:17-"Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new".

Now that I've been given a New Year, I am thankful for the renewed blessing it brings. I'd like to breath in the fresh air of the Holy Spirit, that my life will be revitalized and empowered to serve the Lord in a way that glorifies His name. By the grace of God, I aim to be a new creature, one who walks the path ahead hand in hand with Christ, one who'se priority is the will of God, one who'll allow the Holy Spirit to fulfill His purpose in me.

Thank you, Lord for the blessing of a New Year! Together, You and I can make the most of this renewed blessing!
©2006-01 Rhodi Alers de López

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So inspirational!

Donna J. Shepherd said...

Yes! Thank God for a brand new year, another year to praise Him and do His will. I'm excited, too. Thank you for your inspirational words. - Donna