Friday, July 15, 2005

The Prayer of Jabez

“Lord, that You would bless me, indeed;
Enlarge my territory,
And that Your hand be with me, Lord,
From all evil keeping me,
So that I may not cause pain.”
(I Chronicles 4:10)

Lord, you see I’m not specific
For You know just what to do.
I pray- bless all my endeavors
That they may glorify you.

Open up new ways to serve You,
As you bless me, Precious Lord;
May I share your loving kindness,
Make your blessings to all known.

Please, use me as your instrument,
Make my life more meaningful
As You bless others that need you
Through my life and love for you.

I believe you have a purpose
For my life and ministry.
Grant me, Father, that I serve you,
Lovingly, whole-heartedly.

Your resources have no limits,
Open heaven’s treasures’ doors.
Pour upon my life Your Spirit,
Let me so reflect your love.

With Your hand guiding me, gently,
In whatever task I face,
This, your servant, humbly follows
For you’ve promised me your grace.

Lead me not into temptation,
Keep me from the wicked path.
Guard my soul for You’re my Savior.
Make me follow You, The Path.

Help me not to cause you sorrow,
Help me heed your voice, indeed.
Help me be a precious blessing
Instead of causing others’ defeat.

Oh, that Your hand be with me, Lord,
In everything that I do.
May my life and its endeavors
Always, Lord, glorify You!
© Rhodi Alers de López 06-17-03

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This continues to be my daily prayer.